Uncharted Territories: Curriculum Adventures for NQT/RQTs
A day with Hywel Roberts and Dr Debra Kidd looking at how we can re-invigorate our curriculum offer through cutting edge approaches and tried and tested ideas.
This day will be appropriate for teachers, support teachers and leaders across all key stages and settings
Agenda of the day
- 08:30am - Registration and coffee
- 09:00am - Keynote: The Bedrock Curriculum – Dr Debra Kidd Unshackling the professional imagination
- 10:00am - The Factory – building a context on which to hang learning followed by an opportunity to reflect
- 10:40am -Break
- 11:00am - The Forest – creating a context, covering the coverage and sleeping well at night
- 12:00pm - So what, now what? – a group activity picking up on themes and ideas that can be implemented tomorrow
- 12:20pm - Lunch
- 13:30pm - Active Keynote: Authentic Learning – Hywel Roberts Seeing the children in action, opportunities, possibilities, big questions and rich contexts
- 14:10pm - Creative conversations with colleagues
- 14:25pm - Approaches to assessment
- 14:50pm - Summary of the day and what to take away.
- 15:00pm - Formal day closes
Colleagues will leave with:
- A renewed definition of what curriculum could look like
- Confidence to share strategies and ideas back in their setting
- A new layer of professional repertoire
- An evidence-based approach to reinvigorating mundane curriculum
- A skip in their step
This full day course will taking place 07.02.18, from 9am until 3pm at Plover Primary School.
This course will cost £45 per person for Enhanced Members, £65 per person for Core Members, and £90 per person for Non-Members.
Terms and Conditions
By completing the registration form below you will be accepting the Partners in Learning Terms and Conditions for all programmes and events. A copy of the terms and conditions can be requested from email@example.com
- Venue Plover Primary School
- Start date 07/02/18
- Time 09:00
- Trainers Hywel Roberts and Dr Debra Kidd
- Audience Newly and Recently Qualified Teachers