Discover Numicon at Foundation Stage
More than showing you how to use Numicon, Numicon Professional Development focuses on good practice for teaching and learning maths, supporting you in raising achievement by developing your confidence and subject knowledge.
This one day workshops are designed to give you the opportunity to:
- Understand the essential building blocks that underpin key ideas for young children as early learners of mathematics
- Explore how the Numicon approach supports the Early Years Foundation Stage early learning goals, with specific reference to numbers and shape, space and measures
- Experience the range of activities, teaching support materials and tools essential to using the Numicon approach in the EYFS
- Explore the benefits of using Numicon resources with all young children as a key ingredient to mathematical teaching and learning
- Collaborate on ways in which you can use Numicon to enhance the teaching and learning of mathematics back in your setting, inspiring you to develop resilient and confident young mathematicians
*All our introductory workshops will cover essential ‘Getting Started’ activities to familiarize you with the resources and the theory behind Numicon.
This is a full day course taking place on 28.11.17, from 9am until 3:30pm at Plover Primary School.
This course will cost:
- £100 per person for Enhanced Members
- £125 per person for Core Members
- £150 per person for Non-Members
However, if you purchase a place on all five Numicon Training Programmes on offer with Partners in Learning your school will receive a discount:
- £390 for Enhanced Members (£78 per session)
- £450 for Core Members (£90 per session)
- £550 for Non-Members (£110 per session)
- Venue Plover Primary School
- Start date 28/11/17
- Time 09:00
- Trainers Val Willmott (Oxford University Press)
- Audience Headteachers, Subject Leaders, Foundation Stage Phase Leaders, Teachers and NQTs, Pre-school Leaders