Discover Numicon at Key Stage 1
More than showing you how to use Numicon, Numicon Professional Development focuses on good practice for teaching and learning maths, supporting you in raising achievement by developing your confidence and subject knowledge.
This one day workshops are designed to give you the opportunity to:
- Understand the essential building blocks that underpin key mathematical ideas for children with additional needs
- Explore how the Numicon approach supports the teaching and learning of mathematics through the Numicon resources, teaching support materials and tools
- Consider common barriers to learning in mathematics and how Numicon supports effective teaching and learning in these areas
- Experience a range of Numicon activities designed specifically for children with additional needs
- Collaborate on ways in which you will use Numicon to enhance the teaching and learning of mathematics back in your school, inspiring you to develop resilient and confident mathematicians
*All our introductory workshops will cover essential ‘Getting Started’ activities to familiarize you with the resources and the theory behind Numicon.
This is a full day course taking place on 30.11.17, from 9am until 3:30pm at Plover Primary School.
This course will cost:
- £100 per person for Enhanced Members
- £125 per person for Core Members
- £150 per person for Non-Members
However, if you purchase a place on all five Numicon Training Programmes on offer with Partners in Learning your school will receive a discount:
- £390 for Enhanced Members (£78 per session)
- £450 for Core Members (£90 per session)
- £550 for Non-Members (£110 per session)
- Venue Plover Primary School
- Start date 30/11/17
- Time 09:00
- Trainers Val Wilmott (Oxford University Press)
- Audience Headteachers, Subject Leaders, KS1 Phase Leaders, Teachers and NQTs