Discover Numicon at Key Stage 2
More than showing you how to use Numicon, Numicon Professional Development focuses on good practice for teaching and learning maths, supporting you in raising achievement by developing your confidence and subject knowledge.
This one day workshops are designed to give you the opportunity to:
- Appreciate the essential building blocks that underpin the key mathematical ideas which develop and support deep understanding of increasingly complex mathematical concepts and ideas
- Explore the benefits of using Numicon with all children as a key ingredient to mathematical teaching and learning
- Experience how the Numicon approach supports the pillars of the National Curriculum through explicit opportunities to develop fluency, master reasoning skills and in context based low threshold, high ceiling problem solving activities
- Collaborate on ways in which you will use Numicon to enhance the teaching and learning of mathematics back in your school, inspiring you to develop resilient, confident and collaborative mathematicians in staff and children
- Explore the range of resources, teaching support materials and tools essential to the Numicon approach
*All our introductory workshops will cover essential ‘Getting Started’ activities to familiarize you with the resources and the theory behind Numicon.
This is a full day course taking place on 06.12.17, from 9am until 3:30pm at Plover Primary School.
This course will cost:
- £100 per person for Enhanced Members
- £125 per person for Core Members
- £150 per person for Non-Members
However, if you purchase a place on all five Numicon Training Programmes on offer with Partners in Learning your school will receive a discount:
- £390 for Enhanced Members (£78 per session)
- £450 for Core Members (£90 per session)
- £550 for Non-Members (£110 per session)
- Venue Plover Primary School
- Start date 06/12/17
- Time 09:00
- Trainers Val Willmott (Oxford University Press)
- Audience Headteachers, Subject Leaders, KS2 Phase Leaders, Teachers and NQTs