Innovation Network Development Group
Due to the success of the summer ‘Learning Beyond Doncaster’ Innovation Conference, Partners in Learning in collaboration with the Chartered College of Teaching are seeking to expand their network of Headteachers who will undertake action research, the findings of which can then be cascaded to other schools in order to improve our assessment for learning and to raise attainment outcomes in Reading, Writing and Maths.
Outline of the Project:
An action research based learning group, exploring relevant educational publications and practice from schools beyond Doncaster with proven developmental practice. The focus for this year’s group is assessment, drawing on ‘Making Good Progress?’ by Daisy Christodoulou and will include a launch conference to explore its themes. The research is funded jointly by Partners in Learning and the Chartered College of Teaching.
Outline of the Research:
- Reading and exploring ‘Making Good Progress?’
- Launch Conference to explore the implications for the future of assessment for learning with guest speaker – Rob Carpenter from Inspire Partnership
- Identification of research themes and visits to other schools
- Action research to trial agreed approaches to assessment
- Dissemination of findings
Outcomes from the Research:
- CPD sessions by the network Headteachers to share best practice outcomes from the project both within their own schools and beyond as training events through Partners in Learning.
- Published outcomes from action research for other schools to access through Partners in Learning Website.
- Established collaborative links with other local and national schools to explore practice.
Level of Commitment
- Headteachers and Senior Leadership Teams from network schools will attend the launch conference on 18th January 2018 (Taken place)
- Headteachers will commit 3-6 days of their own time during the project
- Schools will provide facilities to hold the network sessions
- Overall, to trial and disseminate best practice in assessment for learning, in order to raise standards of attainment across Doncaster schools.
Day 1 – Network Meeting
- 30th January 2018, from 09.30am until 11.30am at Sheep Dip Lane Primary School.
- The network will focus on:
- Reflecting on the conference themes
- Outlining project aims and foci
- Agreeing key dates
Days 2 and 3
- Project visits to other schools
Day 4 – Network Meeting
- Feedback following visits to other schools
Day 5 – Network Meeting
- Sharing outcomes in network schools
Day 6 – Dissemination of Training
- Held by network schools to share best practice outcomes
- Venue Sheep Dip Lane Primary School
- Start date 30/01/18
- Time 09:30
- Trainers Various
- Audience Headteachers and Senior Leaders