SEND Reviewer Training
SEND Reviewer Training will support you to:
- Be familiar with the SEND Review Framework.
- Develop practical strategies so you can evaluate SEND provision through Peer Review, and build a Community of Practice
- Develop your coaching skills so you can lead supported and sometimes difficult conversations.
This is NOT an inspection or done-to process
- Focus on self-evaluation, supported by a lead with expertise
- Practitioner-led process develop through collaboration.
Whole School SEND Review:
- One of the Whole School SEND Programmes to raise standards for SEN through bespoke support:
- System Leads review provision, share strengths and support the development of recommendations
- Can be a tool for SEND leads to self-evaluate, peer review and encourage collaboration and build communities of practice.
- Can link to programmes of ongoing support to develop strategic capacity, around an agreed ‘Vision’.
Why undertake a whole School SEND Review
- Raising attainment and improving progress.
- Improving the quality of provision for pupils with SEND.
- To support effective implementation of the SEND reforms.
- Reviewing the quality of inclusive practice at a school.
- Increasing attendance and reducing exclusions for pupils with SEND.
- Gaining a better understanding of the well-being for pupils with additional needs.
- Identifying SEND as an area for development through self-evaluation.
- Wanting a fresh perspective on provision from an experienced system leader.
- Significant change in the demographic of the SEND population in the school.
- A change in leadership and management at the school.
- External validation of a school’s evaluation of its SEND provision.
Following the training you may have the opportunity to undertake a whole School SEND Review alongside Partners in Learning as part of our work with the Doncaster Opportunity Area.
Audience: Headteacher, Senior Leader, SENDCo or Inclusion Leads
Details: Monday 30th September 2019, 9:30am until 3pm at The Pinfold Building
Facilitator: Judith Smith, Regional SEND Leader for East Midlands, South Yorkshire and the Humber and Executive Headteacher at Talbot Specialist School and Fusion TSA.
Price: £30.00 per person for members of Partners in Learning and £50.00 for non-members of Partners in Learning
Terms and Conditions
By completing the registration form below you will be accepting the Partners in Learning Terms and Conditions for all programmes and events. A copy of the terms and conditions can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Venue The Pinfold Building
- Start date 30/09/19
- Time 09:30
- Trainers Judith Smith - Regional SEND Leader for East Midlands, South Yorkshire and the Humber and Executive Headteacher at Talbot Specialist School and Fusion TSA.
- Audience Inclusion Leads, SENDCo, Headteacher and Senior Leader.